Egocentric

Presenting a series of smaller projects has proven to be both complicated and time consuming. Further when condensing the projects onto a singular site their positioning felt arbitrary, lacking context and also lost a lot of my initial ideas about creating slow change through an urban fabric of a city.
This is the first iteration of a new idea for my final project I have had. It takes all the same ideas but inverts the design process. Walter Benjamin's Arcades Project focuses on the iron and glass construction of the arcades and their affiliated activities and in doing so he illuminated the vitality of human existence. My idea follows a similar notion by considering the associated external spaces of each building or program and the way they frame the public space. This space then becomes a singular entity or building in itself and creates a new interesting way to consider architecture. This is something definitely lacking in commercially driven architecture and our suburban streets, a complete and utter disregard for the social qualities of building and completely egocentric.

  

  

1 comment:

  1. What a commendable work you have done, with simplest of language. I can’t resist myself to leave a comment and trust me it’s hard to impress me..

    ReplyDelete